Today is the first day of the week that I have taken the time to sit down and write. Things have been busy here, and I am constantly having the urge to purge and nest, nest, NEST. This has not left me much time (or energy) to sit down and write, but I have been missing it. Since my brain has reached a whole new level of mush lately, I thought it best to kick start the wheels by bringing back one of my favorite linkups: Shannon's So What! Wednesday.
Every Wednesday, Shannon gives us the time and space to link up some of the things we want to get off of our chests, or just silly things that make you laugh. Today, this is exactly what to doctor ordered.
This week, I'm saying So What! if ...
- In my constant state of nesting, I have been unpacking and washing baby items out the wazoo. And, since I don't know exactly where I want to keep everything just yet, I have been making piles of baby goods all over the house. It literally looks like BuyBuy Baby threw up in my dining room.
- I'd love to plow through my list of 'Before Gavin To-Do's' by the end of this month, and then spend the first few weeks of July sipping cold mocktails and watching Lifetime movies and DVR'd TV shows on my couch with my feet propped up. I mean, it's the last time I'll be able to do it, right?
- Those over the belly stretchy bands that come on lots of maternity clothing are really starting to get uncomfortable on me now. In fact, most of the time, in the comfort of my own home, I prefer to lay on the couch with my belly exposed. The less fabric touching it, the better at this point.
- I have lost all sense of creativity in the kitchen. Most days, we barely have enough meat in the freezer for me to plan a legitimate meal. I would be happy eating pasta five days of the week, but I have a hungry husband to feed who happens to like meat with most of his meals. Please tell me the motivation will come back?! I plan on doing a large grocery and CostCo trip before this weekend so I'll be all stocked up and have little to no excuse not to start meal planning again.
- I am DYING for a pedicure, but it makes me nervous after reading that massaging your Achilles area in the third tri can lead to pre-term labor? Maybe I'll have to splurge and just get a prenatal massage instead.
- I have been trying desperately to figure out what position G is lying in. Two weeks ago, I thought he was head down, but lately, I've been almost certain he is sideways, or maybe even breech. I know he can still move a bunch before 36 weeks, but Momma is so curious!
- I have my last baby shower this Sunday with some of my best girlfriends. I am so excited to spend the time with each of them, but literally have nothing in my closet that doesn't make me feel like a whale right now. Do you think they'd mind if I came in yoga pants and a tank top?
- I made brownies last night and plan to eat one
threewith my lunch today.
- I started DVRing ABC's new show Mistresses. It totally goes against my moral compass, but I was intrigued and kinda like the cast so far. Blame it on all of my raging hormones.
- Speaking of ABC shows - are you watching the new Bachelorette? Of course I am, but I'm not sure how thrilled I am with Des so far. She's super cute and bubbly, but I'm waiting to start pulling for her more. I do like a few of the guys already though.