Somehow, the last ten days completely got away from me. These things tend to happen to me around extremely busy and/or stressful times. But, even though the last ten days have been a total whirlwind, I can't help but feel like I've been given a new perspective on some parts of my life.
- When I'm busy, the first few things I tend to neglect turn into blogging, laundry and grocery shopping. Not necessarily in that order, but how is it that I choose to neglect anything having to do with cooking and eating?
- When B is home, I think I some times take advantage of the daily time we have together. Too often I let a whole week slip by without making time for 'us,' and then I don't even realize it until he goes out of town for three days and I miss him terribly!
- While we were in Florida over New Year's, I wanted to grab a copy of the new daily devotional book that the church we attend down there just released. In typical Pam fashion, I forgot to do so while I was there, so my Mom grabbed one for me. I picked it up while I was back there this past weekend and seeing the book gave me a brand new appetite for daily devotions! I have already let too many days go by while neglecting this, and I need to start holding myself accountable! How and when do you make time for your devotions? Waking up early? Reading over coffee while your family eats breakfast? I'd love to know!
- My DVR. First of all, I still swear I don't know what I did without it, but now? It fills up week after week and I can never catch up. What do I record all of these shows for anyway? It's my total guilty pleasure to watch basically every reality program under the sun, but is it taking away from more important things in my life?
- Meal Planning. This is definitely one of my favorite things. Cooking a meal that my little family enjoys is very close to my heart, but I have been lacking in the creativity section lately. So many of you awesome ladies post recipes and pictures of your amazing meals, and I think it's time to step up my game again!
- Decorating my house. Oy. Does it ever end? I am bombarded every day with emails from Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel and the like, with coupons and images of items that I
needwant for our home. I never thought I would stop buying clothes in order to buy a beautiful set of Willow House wall sconces for our bedroom, but it happened :o)
- But, most of all, these last view months have helped me to gain perspective on how lucky I am that God chose this life for me. Over the last year, I have been blessed beyond measure; a new husband, a puppy, a house and starting my own business, just to name a few. Over the last few weeks I have been trying to live in the moments where I feel like I have got to be one of the luckiest girls in the world, and for that, I try and remember to thank God each day.
Thanks for listening to my endless rambling on this Tuesday. What are you thankful for? Any new perspective that you've come to realize lately?
Happy Tuesday, Lovelies!!